Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Party Planning WEEK 7... delegate and accept

Hello party people!!

So, this has become the most dragged out party of the century- sorry!!

But, we are getting SO CLOSE to the big reveal {tomorrow}

This week, we are getting down to the wire- crunch time, with the party ONE WEEK AWAY!

Recap:

Week 1:
Theme {circus/carnival}
Location {grandpa's ranch}
Colors {red, gold, and blue}

Week 2:
Budget {$250-strict}
Inventory {I have way too much stuff}
Activities {super fun games}

Week 3:
Food {hot dogs}
Cupcake List {4 delish carnival-inspired choices}

Week 4:
Semi Homemade {buy carnival stuff from amazon}

Week 5:
Invitations {Scribbles}

Week 6:
Birthday Shoot {adorable, if I do say so myself}
Carnie Assignments {you know you want to!}



Now, on to WEEK 7!!

Whew, we have a lot done, but we still have a LONG way to go!  And, I have to get everything I need and everything prepped, because I have a reunion to go to during week 8!  YIKES!  Doesn't summer just get SOO crazy-hectic!!


speaking of reunion, I thought I'd show you the crazy bunch I come from.  Jk, they're adorable and I love them to pieces- seriously, I have the best family!  Don't believe me- well, check out those sweet flower children- {necessity to maintain their privacy}.. so, when I offered to take a pic sans my lovely girls- you know, in case they aren't apart of our family in the future, just trying to help everyone feel comfortable- well, they not only refused but were revolted by the idea- "WHAT, no matter what happens, they are apart of our family NOW!"  Hence the flowers, because my family is so awesome I was not allowed to take another pic minus the girls.  Oh, and don't even get me started on all of the blankets and goodies they brought for them- see, AMAZING!  Sorry, folk, they are taken! ;)


This is when you need to swallow your pride and DELEGATE and ACCEPT.  Delegate simple tasks and, by all means, if someone offers to help- TAKE IT!

First task for week 7 that's being delegated:
decorate tin cans for the baseball throw.



I wanted the tin cans mod podged with some coordinating paper (bought at michael's- 5/$1).  I put my stepmom in charge of this, which she happily accepted.

Great- one less thing to worry about! :)

Second task: Beverage Station

via [tutorial]

My kind brother-in-law saw that I pinned this and OFFERED TO MAKE IT FOR ME!

YES, PLEASE!

This is one of those things that I thought was really cute- but, if I was short on time, was definitely going to get knocked off of the list of "to-do's!"  So I was VERY grateful that he offered to make it for me!!  Now, all I had to do was buy some soda and accessories to fill it with- thank you, Target, soda- 12 packs were 4/$12 and I found cute, cheap napkins and cups at Wal Mart- done and done!

Speaking of shopping, the time came to get ALL of my shopping done.  Leaving only the details for week 8.  First, I went through my cupcake list, and found all of the lacking ingredients, then the decor list, and finally the random list- you know, fishing wire, red and white string, etc.

After buying all of my last-minute necessities, this was the break-down:

cupcake goods: $45
{cake boxes, lemon flavoring, marshmellow fluff, twinkies.. the usg}

Other Food: $30
(buns, soda, fruit, animal crackers)
__________________________
$75

Which, from our $82 left over, gave us a whopping $7 remaining in the food budget.

For the decor/extra: $42
{string, root beer bottles, small fish bowls, ping pong balls, etc}

Which, from our $82.77 we had, left us with 40.77

I'm not very good with having left over money- so, I took myself down to our local antique shop, REMINESCE (obsessed), and found a cute vintage tool box in blue ($15) and an old little red ladder ($20).  Which brought the remainder down to 5.77.  Enough to grab a couple bags of ice on our way to the party! :)

With the remainder from the food money, I printed up some cute pictures of Boston for party decor.

Done and done- all that was left was assembly- no big deal, right?!?!

Well, tune in tomorrow to see the last minute preps

AND

The blog reveal of

BOSTON'S SPECTACULAR 3RD BIRTHDAY CARNIVAL CELEBRATION!!!

As for now,

Here's looking at YOU!

xoxo,
LooWho



No comments:

Post a Comment