Thursday, June 28, 2012

INTRODUCING: Looky Loo EVENTS!

We are now SO happy to tell you our big news for the company!!  Looky Loo is expanding and branching out!  Now, you can come to us not only for beautiful pictures, but also for styled events!  GASP!  I know, I know, all of you are now rolling your eyes and wondering HOW on earth could you possibly think you have time for this?!?!

I Don't!

BUT, I do have some new members of the team that I would like to introduce you to.  With new members, I will be able to fulfill the needs on both ends and bring you more!  I am SO STINKING EXCITED!  We have already done our first party together (featured tomorrow) and I cannot wait to show what we have been up to these past few months!  

The "Looky Loo Events" tab will now be your one-stop-shop for all things party.  I will update you with all my latest events, info for you to use when throwing your own parties and some fun DIY tutorials as we forge on through crafting stylish and affordable parties!

Without further ado, I would like to introduce you to our team!



PALOMA McCAULEY, will now be the HEAD of Looky Loo Events as well as in-training for the latest Looky Loo Photographer!  YAY!  I LOVE working with her and I know you will LOVE all of her amazing ideas and talent!  She is a rare find and I am so glad we snatched her up!  Her full bio will be on the blog tomorrow along with our first party recap AND her first "FASHION FRIDAY WITH PALOMA."  That's right, on top of everything else, she is going to give you fashion tips that you can work into your photo shoots and life EVERY week!  Paloma will also be styling shoots and helping to move our company forward into fashion photography.

Okay, calm down- wipe your brow.  This DOES NOT mean we will only take pictures of models wearing the latest line of Chanel.  This DOES mean we will work with what you have to bring out the most beautiful and fashionable pictures we can.  You would be surprised what gems we have found at the back of people's closets!  You have all you need sitting right in your own closet, you just need a fresh pair of eyes to help you discover it.  And that is where our style team comes in!  

The other new member to our team is MANDY FREELAND!  We are so excited to have Looky Loo Events working exclusively with Scribbles for all of your paper needs.  She is handy, crafty, and SO talented.  But, I can gush on and on about my sister... here's her bio so you can get a feel for yourself:

Sometimes I think I have chocolate sauce running through my blood, with cross-stitched hair, and an origami heart.  I love crafting, baking, cooking, and creating.  I'm handier with the computer than the oven, so I've honed my talents toward the paper and digital crafts.  That's how Scribbles by Park Avenue got its start. 
I have a terribly creative sister, Cindy of Looky Loo Photography, who has nailed party planning down to an artform.  She and I have paired up our talents with another family member, Paloma McCauley {stylest extraordinaire} to offer our experience and abilities to the masses as Looky Loo Events.
I'm a mommy to Bradley and Emily, wife to Brian, architect-to-be, and graphic designer.  I love creating paper and I love family gatherings {ask anybody!}.  I stumbled onto a graphics program in early 2010, creating some printable party items for my nephew's first birthday party, and haven't looked back since.  I opened up an Etsy Shop and have helped many families and organizations throw birthday parties {for young and old}, weddings, fundraising events, bridal showers, and everyday gatherings. 
I love the idea of an inexpensive handmade party.  My heritage is full of crafty women who make everything from quilts to pies.  It's only natural that I pass on that passion for homemade care to others.  And in these times, I like to think I'm doing my part to not add to polution or wasteful spending... hence the printables.  They are "shipped" by email and the clients print them from their own computers.  It's paper and ink {not plastic} and there are no wasted shipping materials used.  What is more environmentally friendly?  Plus, the client has the ability and freedom to print as many as they need for their event.  That means that not only do they only print what they need, but they haven't wasted money buying premade products that they won't use. 
That's me, in a nutshell.  There is nothing more precious than family and friends.  Gather together with kindness and love, and enjoy every moment together.

Mandy will be chiming in on the Looky Loo Events page and helping us with Styling Events!  Thank you girls for joining the team!  We are SO excited to work with you and to bring some style to Looky Loo!  I know you will love their work as much as I do!

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment