Monday, June 11, 2012

Meet The Crew: El Jeffe

So, I told you that we would both be introducing ourselves and giving you a closer look at the lives behind Looky Loo.  Now, it's Jeff's turn!  Here are the backstories behind my partner:

Jeff, aka El Jeffe: Photographer and Head of Marketing-


I was born and raised on the outskirts of Paso Robles, on 20 acres of rolling hills covered in oak trees. Growing up we had all sorts of animals, ranging from llamas to pigs. My dad was the swine leader for Templeton 4-H and forced invited all of his children to take a pig to the fair. I guess I should thank my dad, because I did meet the LOVE of my life at the fair. Living so far out of town left my brothers and I to make up our own fun in the summer time. (Side note: my sister locked us out of the house so that we would not get it messy.) That led us to shooting guns and exploring the property. You know, boy stuff! If you follow us, you have seen an old beat up pick-up truck with lots of bullet holes used in some of our pictures. You guessed it, that is on my parents property and the carefully placed bullet holes in the truck are complements of yours truly. I had to learn to be creative, living so far away from other humans, and trying to keep myself occupied. I used to hit rocks with a baseball bat for hours, it is very therapeutic, you should try it sometime.


That is where my passion for sports began. I played baseball and basketball from the time I was about 7 or 8, up until the end of high school. I still play “old man softball” and pickup basketball games early in the morning and talk about how I could have gone pro:) After high school and a short, but very meaningful relationship with Cindy, I served a two year mission in Mexico. This is where my nickname, “el jeffe” or for those who don’t habla espanol, “the boss,” came from. Serving a mission taught me a lot about caring for other people, never giving up, being grateful for what I have, how important each individual is, and how amazing indoor plumbing is. After returning home from Mexico, I studied Exercise Science at BYU. I thought I wanted to become a doctor or something cool that would impress the ladies. Turns out that I did not want to spend all my time studying, I like being around people way too much. (I must have been deprived as a child.) As Cindy said, I returned home one summer from BYU, she came home from Sonoma, we fell madly in love, and she helped me see the light, BUSINESS! We moved home to the beautiful central coast, I took some pre-req. business classes at Cuesta, transferred to Cal Poly, and I am so happy I decided to change majors.

I feel that the business background that Cindy and I come from is a huge asset to our photography business. We pride ourselves on having excellent business ethics, customer service, giving you a product of the highest quality, and something that you will absolutely love and cherish forever. Cindy got me into photography about a year ago. At first I was curious because she made it look so fun and easy. I hate to let the cat out of the bag, but it is not that easy, although it is super fun! Cindy has tried to teach me what she has learned, but there are a lot of things that cannot be taught, and just come naturally to her. She has an eye for beauty and naturally knows what will make you look your best. I love working with my wife and watching her create and design, it truly is an art. I feel blessed to work with YOU, our friends, and with my Smokin’ Hot Wife, Whoo

Thanks for tuning in, Keep It Classy!
El Jeffe

**Much love to my sweet husband for humoring me and writing this! HE is such a trooper! :)  Be sure and enter our 2nd giveaway here.  You only have ONE more day!!  AND, Stay tuned the rest of the month- we are adding to our team, our business, and of course, more giveaways!!  Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment