Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday MUST!

Hello BlogLand... It's me again!
Yes, I'm saying it again- I am BACK and ready to blog regularly!

Looky Loo is ready to be

LEGEN (wait for it) DARY!

(oh ya, I also started watching HIMYM after some prompts from one of my best friends and am obsessed!)

Well, this week is my BIRTHDAY WEEK!  So I will put a birthday spin on most of my posts!  Get ready for some Looky Loo FUN

First Stop: Birthday Monday MUST!



Today I am sharing 2 MUST-TRY Things on the Central Coast.  These happen to be the only 2 things I asked my husband for for my birthday- ya, they're that amazing!

First up: Dinner



If you ever find  yourself in Paso, you MUST TRY Roberts.  Everything there is AMAZING.  The food is DIVINE, the ambiance is bliss, and the seats.... the seats really sell it.  They are cushion-y, velvet-y, and a beautiful shabby chic blue.  And the service is on-point!  (ok, I had to add that since one of my friends works there, but seriously, I have never been disappointed!)

After going there only once, it climbed STRAIGHT. TO. THE. TOP. of my favorite restaurants list.  (yes, even above Cheesecake Factory-gasp!)  Which is why, when Jeffe asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said a 3 course meal at Roberts!



Don't get me wrong, it is a little pricey, but the lunch menu is reasonable, and the desserts are DELICIOUS, and totally affordable at $6!  You don't have to break the budget to get the feel of total awesome-ness that is ROBERTS!

(on a totally unrelated note, I am going to their sister-restaurant, Estrella later this week, so I will give you an update next week as to how it ranks compared to my first love..)




Next stop: Movies

 Let me start out by saying that I am not a fan of Atascadero.  Ok, I've said it.  When you grow up in Paso, you are bred to loathe orange and grey!  

With that being said, it takes A LOT for me to go into that town.  I'm talking there must be something downright AMAZING.

When I was a child, that was Captain Kids.  (I'm not going to lie, that would probably still draw me if they hadn't closed down)

As an adult, I haven't found anything to draw me there.... that is, until NOW!

Have I dramatized the intro enough?  Good.. 

Because I solemnly vow to never at least mostly never go to a regular theater again.  

Let me tell you why.  Atascadero decided to put in a new theater in their downtown.  Yawn.  Every town has a movie theater these days.  EXCEPT un-yawn, they decided to add a VIP theater.  One with LEATHER seats at least TWO TIMES the normal side.  And armrests that can ACTUALLY accommodate TWO arms!  (ya, that's right- no more racing to your seat to claim the arm rest!)  Oh, and speaking of seats, you can order your ticket online and PICK YOUR SEAT--- you, know, like on an airline.  Pretty fancy stuff, if you ask me!  Oh, and there is an attached bar and servers- you can order b-soda if you want.  Or, if you're like me, you can get a GLASS of water with ice.  

It was so fancy I thought I would never want to pay the price.  Oh, ya, price- that thing.  WAIT!  The price is the SAME as the regular tickets!  WHAT-THE-WHAT!?!?!  

Yes, you can go enjoy a VIP movie on a Tuesday for FIVE DOLLARS.  

Done and done.

Are you with me??  You MUST try the VIP experience!

I will caution, there are a couple of catches: first, you have to be 21+ (whew, barely made it! lol), second, there it's only one theater, so the options are slim on movie and time.

But, hey, still totally worth it!

That is the second thing I asked for!  I'm not going to lie, this is going to be one AMAZING date night!  I will fill you in on the movie we see- perhaps the next Monday MUST!

As for now... now that I am drooling on my keyboard with excitement.. I leave you with dreams of some wonderful MUST-TRYs on the Central Coast!

Have you seen, bought, wanted, tried, done something that is a MUST??

Tell me about it!

xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Let me tell you.. haven't been to Roberts, but if they are sister restaurants with Estrellas.. you won't be disappointed! Been to Estrellas... LOVE IT!! They have this pablano chili sandwhich thing.. YUM YUM!
    A must for me.. Mi Hung Low's in SLO, whole in the wall chinese food place.. making my Dad take me before I leave... and Elephant Seals... If you ever want to spend a whole day driving... if you've never been to Parkfield, keep going... till the road turns to dirt.. than keep going till it turns to asphalt again (You end up in Coalinga..) The drive is AMAZINGLY beautiful... Did it for the first time about 2 months ago.... And its just... untouched nature, beauty, and solitude! Sunset there AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the road trip idea- might need to take my camera along, it sounds beautiful!!

      Delete