Friday, May 10, 2013

Has Anybody Told You?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


What a wonderful day to celebrate!!

In my opinion, it's really a day to celebrate women as a whole.  I believe that women are born with a beautiful gift: to nurture.

But, hey, what do I know- I've been a mom for whopping 4.5 years.  While sometimes it feels never-ending, really it hasn't been that long and I am definitely no guru on the subject of mothering!  To be honest, most days I'm happy if, by the end of the day, we're all still alive to tell about it.  It's the little things- right?!

I do know that I could not be the woman or mother I am today without the example of so many women in my life.  Not all of them have been mothers, but they have been nurturing and loving of my not-so-cuddly self.  Helping me grow to the less-thorny version I am today.

And for that, I am truly grateful!

So, to women young and old, I salute you!  I thank you for your time and commitment to those people in your life.  For your love and affection.  

A woman is a beautiful thing.  And, sadly, I think that gets lost somewhere in translation.  When do we stop twirling in the mirror loving everything about ourselves?  When does the world tear down our defenses and leave us vulnerable and afraid?

My wish for you on this woman's holiday, is that, for one second, you see yourself through my lens.

I cannot express in words how beautiful you are.

Go ahead, twirl in the mirror.  Yes, you.  Go on, DO IT!

You are beautiful, you are wonderful, you are so special.

Nobody was designed quite like you.  Embrace those beautiful eyes!  Run your fingers through that gorgeous hair!  Pucker those beautiful lips!  Swing those tiny hips!

Today is not a day about flaws and imperfections- today is a day to embrace the beauty you have been given!!  If only for one second, see that beauty in yourself!

So, as I was thinking about the earth-shattering message I would share with you for mother's day, I kept envisioning all of the wonderful women in my life who have touched me.  I started thinking about the characteristics they have that have helped me to grow in my life.  I then found a list of all the important characteristics that a mother posses- and with that list I built this:






Has Anybody Told YOU, You're Beautiful?

Today, I'm telling you.

You might agree if you could see what I see!

Have a wonderful weekend FULL of celebration and happiness!!

All my love to you and yours!!

I leave you with a few pictures from our lovely Mother's Day Little Looky:










xoxo,
LooWho

1 comment:

  1. you take some cute pictures! I love the one of the little girl wearing her mother's high heels! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete