Thursday, May 30, 2013

Birthday Bash Countdown- Week 3

Hello Friends!!

Here we are again- talking birthday!!

So, circus/carnival... Hmm, let's refresh ourselves as to where we are at in this whole process:


Theme- Circus/Carnival antique

Location- Grandpa's house

Colors- Red, Blue, Mustard


Budget- $250

Inventory of what I have- ridiculous

List of Games- fun!

That brings us to Week 3!

So, now what- we have a whole lot of ideas, not very much money and time is ticking away!

I want to start concentrating on food.  I've allotted myself $100 for food and I want to stretch that AS FAR AS POSSIBLE- obvi.

How does one do that, you ask?

As I've pointed out several times so far- refer back to rule #1: PLAN AHEAD!

Since I have been planning in advance, I knew what foods to look out for and knew that Memorial Weekend BBQ foods tend to be on sale.

LIST TIME!!

What are we going to eat?

I'm wanting to have a whole carnival/fair food vibe going, PLUS, B's favorite food is hot dogs... SO the main dish is pretty obvious: 
HOT DOGS

Well, fortunately for me, all of America eats hot dogs on Memorial day, and all of the grocery stores sell them for SO CHEAP!

Off to the grocery store!

2 huge bags of chips

10 pkg hot dogs

1 huge ketchup

2 containers lemonade powder
----------------------------
$18

Woop Woop!

I am now left with $82!

But, there are still a lot of food items I need- cupcake stuff, cake pop stuff, buns, etc.  So I will be keeping an eye on my local adds to see where the best deals are!

Speaking of cupcakes, this would be a good time to decide on a cupcake menu for the party, so that I know what I'm looking for when I shop!

Cupcakes are my favorite part of the party and I like to make special cupcakes to match the theme of the party.  Just my personal OCD and, in no way, necessary!  I just think it adds a fun touch!

For this party, as I mentioned, I want a carnival/fair-like feel to the food.  When thinking of sweet-treats at the fair, I thought of:
*Chocolate-covered bananas
*funnel cakes
*deep-fried everything
*chocolate
*random
*Cotton Candy

SO, with that list, I've narrowed it down to these cupcakes:

*Twinkie cupcake with a cream center and a deep-fried twinkie bite on top

*Boston Cream Pie Cupcake (vanilla bean cupcake with vanilla custard center and chocolate ganache topped with cotton candy)

*Funfetti Funnel-cake- (funfetti cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a funnel cake piece on top)

*Dipped Banana Cupcake (banana cupcake with chocolate center, peanut butter/cream cheese frosting and a chocolate dipped banana piece on top)

Drooling?  Ya, I love cupcake-ing!

While step one is imagining the perfect cupcakes for a party, step 2 is finding a recipe to match the dream!

Here are a few of the recipes I've found so far to match up with my dreams:




You get the idea- pinterest is your best friend!  I am amazed at things these people come up with- and then post!  THANK YOU!

Well, I feel accomplished- do you?  We have a good dent put into our food section and a very sweet list of cupcakes!  Whew- and all without breaking a sweat! ;)

What cupcakes would you concoct for this event?  Have you seen any good deals on fair-ish food?  Or are you secretly wishing you were 3 and Boston's friend so you could get down on this goodness?

Let me know your thoughts on the party-planning so far!!  I LOVE hearing your input and ideas!

One writer last week led us to discover Fortune Cookies for our Fortune Teller booth!!  Thank  you Alissa!!  We were able to pick up 2 HUGE boxes for $4!!!  YAYAYA!

So, keep your input coming- I always appreciate it! ;)

For now, I hope today is Looking great for you!!  I'll see you tomorrow for your week four dose (because I was lame and forgot to do week 3 last week) of birthday planning!

Also, keep spreading the word about our Senior Rep Shoot coming up!!  We're picking the seniors THIS Saturday!!  (read more here)

xoxo,
LooWho

1 comment:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious! I want to make some right now. I wish I could make things properly that I see off pinterst. Whenever I attempt to cook something I saw on Pinterst I totally mess it up

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete